Tuesday, February 22, 2011

my story

Welcome everyone, 
I am about to give you the truth on why i am a single parent. So fasten your seat belts its going to be a bumpy ride. 
 When i was 17 I was a wild child and I wasn't really educated in certain aspects of life. So i , like everyone else was having sex and not aware of the chance of me getting pregnant was high for my age. Well just so you know the rumors are TRUE you can get pregnant off of pre-come. When i found out, I was devastated and I just wanted to die. None of my friends believed me. It was a shock to them as well. So for about 2 weeks I was extremely depressed and unsure of how I should tell my mom or even if I should tell her for that matter... I was scared and I thought she was going to hate me and banish me. I couldn't come up with a simple and painless solution... I had many discussions with my friends and I was even preparing for the worst and who I would live with... there was only one way to break the news and just be honest with my mom. So one day when she came home from work I sat on her bed. Once I had her undivided attention it was hard for me and I started to cry... then I told her. I told her that I was pregnant... 
Her reaction shocked me. She was extremely happy and excited to become a grandma for the first time. Then she had questions and I lied... but here are the real truths to those questions everyone asks when you're pregnant... I CHOSE to be a single mom. I didn't want to stay in a relationship with his father because I wasn't ready for that much commitment. He was a rebound after a 2 1/2 year relationship. His dad is a very nice person and I'll be the first to admit it... but I don't love him. I would rather show my son true love than two people try to make it work and be miserable. I went on with my pregnancy and it was tuff to deal with all the questions that I choose to not answer, my cousin truly got me through those tuff times and till this day still does when it comes to my kid. My sons dad has three other children and vary in age. He is currently being a father to, two children who aren't his... he has only seen my son a few occasions and the last time was summer 09. I don't belittle my sons dad in anyway shape, or form.  
My son is now 2 1/2 and only knows about mommy, when he is ready and he has questions I will be there and be honest with him. 


so that sums it up. i hope you enjoyed my little short, fast forwarded story.


No comments:

Post a Comment